In the Footsteps of the Incas
From the cloud forests of the Andes to the birthplace of the sun at Lake Titicaca, this journey through Peru's altiplanos and the famous floating Uros Islands traces the ancient past of the Incas. Visits with local weavers, corn farmers, and expert photographers infuse this Peru tour with captivating culture.
- Explore Lima and Cusco with a Local Specialist
- Visit the outdoor market at Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman ruins and the Uros Islands
- Scenic Cruise on the Lake Titicaca
- Scenic Drive through the Sacred Valley
- Scenic Train Ride to Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train
- Dive into Culture We'll Dive into Culture and meet a Quechua Shaman who will perform a ceremony welcoming you to Peru.
- Stays with Stories Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness is built along the Vilcanota riverbank, on the lands of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda.
- Connect with Locals Connect with Locals over a Be My Guest experience lunch, learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn. Our hosts will demonstrate the differences between traditional farming techniques and the newer technologies used today.
- Connect with Locals Learn how to prepare an authentic Ceviche and pour the perfect Pisco sour.
- Dive into Culture Visit a local chicheria for some traditional chicha tasting.
- Connect with Locals We cruise the deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca with a Local Specialist, discovering its floating islands constructed from reeds by the Uros Indians
- Dive into Culture Arrive at Taquile Island, where we'll embark on a private tour to gain insights into the tradition of Textile Art for which the local villagers-men and women-are renowned. Learn more about the culture of the people living on the island and enjoy a traditional lunch.
- Dive into Culture Guided visit to the Larco Museum, which houses the largest private collection of pre-Columbian art in the world.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 2 Dinners
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- A Trafalgar bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...